As a workaround until the dust settles, I did a dnf downgrade of libheif and
added an exclude in dnf.conf.  I'll revert that when the add-ons are published.

        Steve

On 3/20/23 02:39 PM, Kalev Lember wrote:
On Mon, Mar 20, 2023 at 7:29 PM Vitaly Zaitsev via devel <devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
<mailto:devel@lists.fedoraproject.org>> wrote:

    On 20/03/2023 17:08, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
     > Going forward, I'm going to turn it into an add-on package, i.e. ship
     > only the two plugins we can't ship in Fedora:

    In a subpackage libheif-freeworld?

I think it would look cleaner to name them according to the plugins, so that it
would be:

%files -n libheif-libde265
%{_libdir}/libheif/libheif-libde265.so

%files -n libheif-x265
%{_libdir}/libheif/libheif-x265.so

and then add reverse soft deps from the newly added packages to the libheif
package so that they'd get pulled in when enabling rpmfusion. Although thinking
about it some more, there was a somewhat recent dnf change that made it not
pull in newly added soft deps, so maybe this approach would not work so well
after all, at least not to automatically pull in the extra plugins ...

Anyway, libheif-freeworld sounds to me more like something that would replace
the entire libheif package with an alternative version. In this case, it's only
two additional plugins and I think it would be better to avoid the -freeworld
pattern here.

--
Kalev