On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 02:52:50PM -0400, Ben Cotton wrote:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/createrepo_c_1.0.0

> == Summary ==
> Update createrepo_c to 1.0.0, new release will include change of
> default compression to zstd, no longer generating metadata in sqlite
> database format by default and simplified comps xml type in repodata.

LGTM. Thank you for taking the time to figure out all the dependencies.

While at it, would it be possible to narrow down the check for which
file paths are included in primary filelists to match the packaging docs?

Currently [1] the pattern is implemented as '(^/etc|^/usr/lib/sendmail$|bin/)'
(note that "bin/" can apply anywhere in the string).
The comment says that this is for yum compat [2].
Our guidelines only mention files under /usr/bin, /usr/sbin, /etc [3].

I think that the number of files affected is small, but it is a
potential source of confusion and a hard-to-explain discrepancy between
what the guidelines say and actual dnf behaviour. Yum is long gone
and we clearly intended to clean this up many years ago but never
got round to it.

[1]
https://github.com/rpm-software-management/createrepo_c/blob/master/src/misc.h#L106
[2]