On Sun Feb 12, 2023 at 05:31 +0000, Maxwell G wrote:
> Hi Fedorians,
>
> I've been working on a repoquerying tool called fedrq [1] that I'd
> like to share with you. Here's the elevator pitch: fedrq provides a
> friendly interface to query the Fedora repositories. It makes it
> really easy to query across Fedora and EPEL branches.
>
> [1] https://fedrq.gtmx.me

I've submitted fedrq for Fedora inclusion and it was pushed to updates a
couple days ago [1]. Thanks to Benson for reviewing it!

Since last time, there's been quite a few changes. fedrq now supports both dnf
and libdnf5. Commands produce (mostly) the same output between the two
backends. I reimplemented hawkey's Package sort algorithm in fedrq's libdnf5
backend. fedrq's API [3] exposes its inbuilt repository definitions and
abstraction/compatibility layer over the libdnf5 and dnf package Query APIs.

fedrq's CLI interface has also gained new functionality. There's new
whatrequires-src and whatobsoletes subco
mmands, there's --forcearch
support, there's more output formatting options, and there more flexible
repository selection. I also added a doc explaining the differences
between fedrq and dnf repoquery [4].

[1] https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/?search=fedrq-0.5.0
[2] https://pagure.io/GoSIG/go-leaves
[3] https://fedrq.gtmx.me/API/Summary