WARNING: This is a small rant...

I have tried to keep up with the emails on the devel list around this but I
admit that I haven't been able to devote the time to GROK them all.

I decided to look up my packages on src.fedoraproject.org (I'm still not
sure if it's showing me all packages I'm admin of, or just main admin) and
start working through them one by one.

I have updated my licensecount script which summarises the licenses in a
source and uses licensecheck to output SPDX licenses instead, but they
output the "short" form as far as I can tell, not the form that we want in
the SPEC file.

For example in abi-dumper after executing `fedpkg prep` and cd'ing into the
source directory I get:
$ licensecount .
      5 UNKNOWN
      1 LGPL-2.1+
      1 LGPL-2.1
      1 GPL

But my current understanding is that the correct application (after
inspecting what sources actually go into the resultant package) would be
"LGPL-2.1-or-later".

Additionally, spectool does not complain that the short format for the
license is used.

While no matter what we do, there are maintainers that are not going to
proactively update their packages, until we unify the tools and
documentation to "do the right thing", we're pissing in the wind.

Googling only found:
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/legal/update-existing-packages/#_process_used

When we have consistent tools and documentation I will resume my efforts to
update my package.

On a side note, I keep seeing the statistics around what packages can be
"trivially" converted to SPDX format, but I really think this is an
opportunity to re-evaluate the licences on all packages to make sure
they're correct.

Thanks,
Richard