On Wed, Apr 26, 2023 at 10:51:33AM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 22, 2023 at 04:28:16PM +0000, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> > Could we have the same graph for discourse (and Fedora telegram and Fedora
> > matrix)? It'd be interesting to see what percentage of active communicating
> > users are active on the mailing list.
>
> I'm not sure how to get it from Matrix. We can get it from Discourse with
> some SQL queries. https://discourse.org/plugins/data-explorer.html
>
> Once we have such a query defined, I can make it available for anyone (or
> certain groups of people) to run. (It's not generally available because you
> can query _a lot_.)

The matrix side is a lot more muddy.

I can easily get via it's api number of users with the fedora.im
homeserver. (1581).

But that is only users using fedora.im / chat.fedoraproject.org.
There's all the other federated matrix users using whatever homeserver.

I can get events in rooms, but... we are bridging almost all our rooms
to irc, so all the irc users events show up too on the other side of the
bridge. I suppose some scripting could get all events and parse them for
fedora.im/librea.chat/other? Anyone should be able to run such a script
that can/is joined to the rooms.

From just my perception, The #fedora channel has had a lot more matrix
users than irc users of late, and it's definitely increased since matrix
was bridged in.

kevin