So, without getting into the issue of whether it actually makes sense to
track differences between GPLvn "only" vs "or-later", since this is just
continuing a practice that was in place in Fedora for years (I think ever
since 2008 at least?): This is where you can't really rely on askalono,
because it only recognizes standalone license files (as far as I
understand) and it will say any occurrence of the GPLv2 file is
"GPL-2.0-only", which is actually a misapplication of SPDX identifiers I
think.

Askalono is probably a good enough tool for some kinds of packages (I
think, relatively simple packages that are not "old"), but probably not
something like gimp.

Richard