On Thu, May 11, 2023 at 12:22:09AM +0200, Kevin Kofler via devel wrote:
> Kevin Kofler via devel wrote:
> > So you folks were not happy with the feedback on the mailing list, so you
> > just made up a poll somewhere else.
> [snip]
> > Was that poll ever announced on the mailing list? Or did you just expect
> > people to magically notice it has popped up in the FESCo ticket?
>
> Sorry, looking at the FESCo ticket, I see the stats are actually just your
> subjective interpretation of the mailing list replies. Since I do not know
> who you counted in what category, I cannot tell whether your interpretation
> is correct or not.

Mattdm put in the work to go over replies and count people's sentiment.
If you think he did a bad job, you can do your own calculation. I
doubt you'd get wildly different results. Please post them here.

> But:
> > Basically the same thing you are now doing with Discourse. Don't like the
> > community feedback? Let's just make up a new community.
> This part still stands, I see the forced use of Discourse as a way to
> silence community feedback. How about you actually let the community decide
> on which medium to bring up the feedback?

So if we someone looks at the feedback and tries to tally it, it's still bad.
"the stats are actually just your subjective interpretation of the mailing list