On Sat, May 13, 2023 at 3:02 PM David Duncan <davd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now that awscli2 is out and functional. Gwyn and I are thinking it's time to
> retire the original awscli package in favor of this one. We are thinking that
> it will be best to keep the awscli (v1) maintained until the release of F39
> later this year and retire it from the active releases it at that time.  If
> there is anyone taking a dependency here that thinks that they will need more
> time, please let us know.

Do you mean that we would want to have a Change proposal to retire it
for F39? That's what it sounds like...

>  Nikola is working directly with Kyle Knapp, the cli developer at Amazon, on
> the python-awscrt (common c runtime libs) and the awscli2 and making great
> progress on getting a packit configuration in the upstream source for
> automating test runs and builds. It's definitely the better model.

Note that python-awscrt links to AWS CRT crypto libraries, which can
be an issue when it comes to respecting system crypto policies. It
would be good to have that resolved too...

> Ultimately, I think that awscli should be an alias to the awscli.

I'm not sure what you mean here?