On Thu, May 18, 2023 at 8:01 AM Richard Shaw <hobbes1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So subject kind of says it all, but to follow up, when I google Fedora known
> good licenses I get this:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Main#SoftwareLicenses
>
> Which uses the old license identifiers, so there's that. And licensecheck is
> a PITA because I have to always add "--shortname-scheme=spdx" and it still
> doesn't give it to us in the format we want.
>
> Sure I could make my own script or alias to do this, and I hate to be a
> broken record but maybe people would adopt the new format faster if we gave
> them the tools to make it easy.
>
> I have about 5% of the time I used to be able to devote to packaging these
> days.

The Expat license is the MIT license. Debian identifies this
differently from both Fedora and SPDX, hence the difference from
licensecheck (which is from Debian).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIT_License#License_terms

This is why I don't recommend using *any* short identifiers in license
auditing tools.