The elections are now scheduled to start on Monday, 29 May and end on
Sunday, 11 June. Documentation and schedules are being updated.

On Thu, May 25, 2023 at 6:55 AM Josh Boyer <jwbo...@fedoraproject.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, May 24, 2023 at 9:34 PM Gary Buhrmaster
> <gary.buhrmas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I do understand why RedHat itself will not announce
> > who got laid off, but the Council members should have
> > been informed (I hope!) at the time, and should have
> > worked on an announcement to the community, even
> > if all they could say was "stay tuned, we are working
> > it out".
>
> The Council members were not informed in advance.  They found out
> about the layoffs at the same time the public did, and also found out
> about Ben's specific role only after he informed others he was
> impacted.

This isn't incorrect but I do want to clarify the timeline because it is
what I would have wanted to know as a community member and there are events
that may appear to be conflicting in the timeline (e.g. Ben's blog and my
LinkedIn recommendation for him). We did have *some* advance notice before
the general public. Ben mentioned
<https://funnelfiasco.com/blog/2023/05/12/inaction-bcotton/> the Red Hat
reductions were announced in the US on 24 April and that was when we found
out. We knew Ben's last day was 12 May. That was as much advance notice
that we had.

The week of 24 April was not productive. It was a shocking week for nearly
everyone. But we did start transitioning Ben's work before his final day
and his blog post, which is why you are seeing incredibly helpful Fedorans
who are stepping up right now and picking up the slack in Ben's absence (*thank
you folks!*). There are going to be gaps. Some things will fall through the
cracks. But we will get through this. Calling out slippage as Fedora
Council tickets is likely the most effective way for (1) problems to be
identified and noticed, and (2) for Fedora leadership to take steps at
resolving those problems.

--
*jwf* (*he/him*) || 📧 j...@redhat.com
TZ=America/New_York (UTC-4) 🕗

While I may be sending this email outside my normal office hours, I have no
expectation to receive a reply outside yours.