Il 27/05/23 11:56, Peter Oliver ha scritto:

> If we’re going to recommend migration to anything, shouldn’t it be enchant2?
> Users would be able to configure their preferred spellchecking engine per
> language (which I imagine is more important for some languages than others),
> and we wouldn’t have to go through this again in the future if we
> hypothetically decided that, say, Nuspell should replace Hunspell as our
> default spellchecker.

+1 here. If we have to convince upstream to migrate to a different
default spellchecker, I think it's better to push enchant2. If it is
about having the package maintainer build their package against another
spellchecker, hunspell is fine, but drop a note about enchant2 is preferred.

I'd also like to raise attention to what I think is a misleading Change
> Deprecating aspell package because it is no longer
> Required/Buildrequired by any package in Fedora.
This is clearly not true, as the change is about migrating package to
another spellchecker.

Mattia