On Mon, Jun 5, 2023 at 8:35 AM Josh Boyer <jwbo...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 5, 2023 at 6:28 AM Debarshi Ray via devel
> <devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
> I wanted to wrap up this sub-thread on-list, after Owen and I chatted
> > about it off-list.
> >
> > I am fine with having the fedora-toolbox OCI images being defined as
> > kickstart files in the Fedora infrastructure and built by ImageFactory
> > and published as another base image, just like the fedora base image
> > currently is.
>
> Just an FYI, but we're trying to move away from ImageFactory in the
> general sense.  I'm not sure if/how that will manifest itself in
> Fedora, but ImageFactory is pretty terrible for debugging things when
> it goes wrong.  The options we're looking at elsewhere are Image
> Builder, OSBS2, and RHTAP.

If we want to move Fedora images to ImageBuilder, then the right thing to
do here is still to merge the toolbox image into fedora-kickstarts and then
work on migrating that, rather than have it be a one-off outlier. (*)

- Owen

(*) Yes, I know Fedora-IOT uses ImageBuilder. but in the context of the
main Fedora compose.