On 6/16/23 09:47, Miro Hrončok wrote:
On 16. 06. 23 9:41, Bastien Nocera wrote:
Scolding people that haven't seen your original message for limitations in the build system isn't nice.

Apologies for not being nice enough. However, we need to notify the folks who do that and ask them to stop, because as you say, the system is not perfect.

If you have specific suggestions, please speak up.

Just an idea: If you also directly send the email to the package maintainers ( via <package>-maintain...@fedoraproject.org ) of all affected packages, the chance of missing the email may be much lower (this would certainly be the case for me).

That would be a lot of people in the initial email, but if you do that at least in the follow-up where you mention the packages that were rebuilt on accident, you could CC the affected maintainers.

Kind regards,
Till