On Thu, Jun 22, 2023, at 11:01 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:

> 1. Fedora Rawhide continually updated
> 2. ELN maintained in parallel, as part of Fedora
> 3. At some point, ELN branched to new CentOS Stream
> 4. ... a year or so of CentOS Stream development in public ...
> 5. RHEL Beta forked from that, released
> 6. Work on RHEL updates visible in CentOS Stream
> 7. Updates appear in CentOS Stream
> 8. Updates released to RHEL
>
> Note that with CentOS Stream 10 / RHEL 10, step 3 here will _maintain git
> history from Fedora, which is a big improvement in preserving all of the
> incredible, valuable work from Fedora contributors.
>
> All of this is the exact opposite of Red Hat preparing to make some new base
> for RHEL. Additionally, this model provides a clean path for
> Red-Hat-opinionated decisions to differ from those we make from Fedora. Take
> BTRFS as an example. Or, the increase in CPU baseline. Like this:

Matthew, this is a great summary and also the understanding I currently have.
It might be a good thing if this information lives in a more permanent place
that I can refer people to. Perhaps something on Fedora's documentation about
the Enterprise Linux ecosystem or a blogpost on either the Fedora or RedHat
blogs?

Regards,

Simon