Dne 27. 07. 23 v 22:23 Kevin Fenzi napsal(a):
On Thu, Jul 27, 2023 at 02:54:13PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
Samantha Bueno <sbu...@redhat.com> writes:
We've gone ahead and decided not to replace DNF with DNF05 in Fedora
39 and, perhaps notably, Fedora 40 as well.
For those of us who upgraded to DNF05 in rawhide to test it, is there a
quick reference for our paths forward?  Er, backward?  I upgraded at the
wrong time and spent half a day recovering my system, I'd rather avoid
that if I have to go back to DNF04...
I would expect a revert back to where /usr/bin/dnf is dnf4 (but
hopefully dnf5 is still available/seperate).

Please note that this is not just about changing where /usr/bin/dnf points to. I was unpleasantly surprised that DNF5 is using different locations for data cache and there is no migration path back and forth, which leaves some unattended directories behind. I am very grumpy about this, because the cache is invaluable on Rawhide being sometimes the only (or at minimum the easiest) way to revert to older package in case of troubles.

Vít

Hopefully that can happen before branching in a few weeks.

kevin