On 9/13/23 12:52, Kevin Kofler via devel wrote:
For Fedora Linux, the transition to KDE Plasma 6 will also include
dropping support for the X11 session entirely, leaving only Plasma Wayland
as the sole offered desktop mode.

Huh?! Why?! KDE upstream is still supporting X11 in Plasma 6. I see no
reason to force Wayland upon all users. I do not want Wayland on my desktop
(it is already enough of a pain that it is forced upon us by Plasma Mobile
on the PinePhone) and I will have to switch to another distribution and
orphan all my packages if this happens.

There are critical pieces of functionality (e.g. screen sharing) that
still don't work reliably on Wayland.