On Thu, 2023-10-19 at 18:43 +0200, Frantisek Zatloukal wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2023 at 6:24 PM Adam Williamson <adamw...@fedoraproject.org>
> wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure I have time to take this, but glancing over it, I have a
> > suggestion on how to further automate the release stuff.
> >
> > You can use Bodhi release date to determine the extant EPEL releases
> > and the current Branched release. If you query
> > https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/releases/ with content-type JSON, you
> > get a bunch of data on releases (paginated, so either handle the pages
> > or use https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/releases/?rows_per_page=500
> > instead).
> >
> > To get all current EPEL releases you'd do something like this:
> >
> >     epels = {int(rel['version']) for rel in releases if
> >              rel['state'] == 'current' and rel['id_prefix'] ==
> > 'FEDORA-EPEL'}
> >
> > To find current Branched, you can do something like this:
> >
> >     devrels = {int(rel['version']) for rel in releases if
> >                rel['state'] == 'pending' and rel['id_prefix'] == 'FEDORA'}
> >     if len(devrels) > 1:
> >         branched = min(devrels)
> >     else:
> >         branched = None
> >
> > that logic should be safe as long as we don't change the release
> > process. There is always one "pending" Fedora release - Rawhide. If
> > there's more than one, there will be two, and the other one will be
> > Branched.
> >

> Or, the "lazier" to implement alternative for this would be
> https://packager-dashboard.fedoraproject.org/api/v1/releases :)

how/where is that data sourced?

if it's from fedfind, it ultimately relies on me manually updating a
JSON file, which isn't awesome. if it's from bodhi, great. :D

fedfind unfortunately can't use bodhi data because of the problem that
releases are marked stable too early in bodhi, but that shouldn't be a
problem for this script's use case.
--
Adam Williamson (he/him/his)
Fedora QA