On Wed, 2023-10-25 at 20:46 +0000, Leslie Satenstein via devel wrote:
> Hi Adam, are bugs related to Fedora gnome that I posted on the forum ignored?
>  I and a few others have smaller / older graphics cards. They are new enough
> to work with the USB type cable.
> On all my Fedora versions, (38-40),  Wayland gnome, beginning around 5
> October, 2023, began locking up.
> Bugzilla 2241955.
> FYI, All three Fedora versions (38,39,40), prior to that date worked 100%
> with Wayland.Since that date, only the x11 versions work. (I am unable to
> test Rawhide 40, as it is Wayland only. I would like to see a comment in the
> 2241955 that it will be handled during the second week following F39 go live.

It's not being ignored, no. There are two GNOME developers trying to
help you, but your reports are quite confusing and lacking in detail.
It would help a lot if you could just describe in plain language -
without your interpretations - exactly what you're trying and what the
results are, on different kernel versions.

At present I don't see any particular reason the bug should block the
release, as it seems like only a few people are affected by the issue.
Possibly it's specific to the NVIDIA 9800 GT graphics card, at least
that's the best impression I can get from your posts.
--
Adam Williamson (he/him/his)
Fedora QA