When I ran yesterday it seemed to hang and I think from the error message I
see today after leaving running it's because I was not on the vpn. I'll try
on a machine with vpn access to see if that helps.

In terms of --with-bundled Jan suggested I try that. I don't have a good
understanding of what the difference was, but I'll try without it as well
and see if I end up with usable rpms