Sérgio Basto wrote on 2023/12/02 0:49:
On Fri, 2023-12-01 at 16:26 +0100, Michael J Gruber wrote:
So, due to me following my package (notmuch) upstream and testing
early against upstream's git, reporting and working with upstream, I
noticed a FTBFS and helped fixing it. Nothing urgent since it was
basically just a test failing for the wrong reasons.

Within a few days, upstream releases a patch release. Within hours,
I'm testing (again, since it's basically what was on git already) on
copr and koji, writing a nice commit message, push to rawhide ...

... and get a reject because someone thought that pushing directly
without asking or at least notifying the maintainer would be in
order:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/notmuch/c/f0d84b417694430874a150293ffdb1fdc35c7b31?branch=rawhide

Why? For a FTBFS due to a test? No bugzilla, no FTI, no security
issue whatsoever?

You may kindly ask to mtasaka why did it ? , and also alert him that
package is well maintain and have a quick response and kindly ask to do
PR instead , he is one provenpackager and I sure that he did that in
hope of improve the package, I'm sure that he will understand.

Best regards,

So to explain, notmuch was FTBFS.
And we are going to rebuild packages which depends on libruby.so.3.2 as
announced as:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Ruby_3.3

We are testing beforehand whether packages can rebuild against new ruby
beforehand, and trying to fix **just** FTBFS beforehand because if the package
has FTBFS anyway (regardless of whether the reason is related to ruby or
not, such package will have broken deps after mass rebuild).

notmuch is this target.

Regards,
Mamoru

I am sick of this. Really. I am so sick of this way of stomping on
each others' feet.

It's made worse by failing automated notifications, of course. Not
from pagure about the push nor from koji about the build nor from
bodhi about the update.

Dunno whether it's the new fmn or what. That works for *my* actions
with pagure/bodhi/koji but fails to report copr actions to me, and
apparently also actions by others.

Thanks for listening ...

Michael