On Sat, Dec 23, 2023 at 8:28 PM Christopher Klooz <py0...@posteo.net> wrote:

> Btw, does anyone know if this (in the practically-same manner) is really
> already introduced in Windows, Mac, Android by default?

There is a draft RFC for randomizing MAC addresses
  https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-madinas-mac-address-randomization/
which also has references for Windows, Mac, and
Android implementations.  There are some issues
with some implementations (iOS will create an
entirely new MAC address if it has not connected
to the named WIFI in some number of weeks,
which can require all new device registrations
for users).

In any case, changing defaults that can impact user
experience (or are required to be turned off, as some
organizations document one needs to do for their
use cases) should come with an additional toggle in
the appropriate network configuration GUI menu.

None of the examples of existing implementations
for popular consumer platforms requires one to go into
the terminal window and directly manipulate files.  They
all have a GUI toggle.  Apple has their toggle called
"Private Addresses"; Windows has their toggle called
"Random Hardware Address"; Android has their toggle
called "Privacy/Use Device MAC address" (at least
that is what I think the names are, I don't actually
have all of those platforms to test).

It would be my recommendation that the various network
configuration GUIs that are part of an official Fedora edition
MUST have a GUI toggle to turn off MAC address
randomization (I would guess under the Security tab?),
and such a toggle SHOULD be included for all official
spins.