On Mon, 2024-01-08 at 18:10 +0100, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> Dne 08. 01. 24 v 13:00 Sandro napsal(a):
> > On 05-12-2023 18:45, Tomas Hrcka wrote:
> > > Fedora Linux 37 has gone end of life for updates and support on
> > > 2023-12-05.
> > > No more updates of any kind, including security updates or security
> > > announcements, will be available for Fedora Linux 37 after the said
> > > date. All the updates of Fedora Linux 37 being pushed to stable will be
> > > stopped as well.
> >

> > As part of the EOL tasks all bugs open for F37 receive an EOL notice,
> > first, and sometime later they will change status to CLOSED | EOL,
> > unless the version is changed.
> >
> > It seems the first step (notification) happened, but the second step
> > (closing) has not completed. IIRC, I saw some bugs being closed, but I
> > also see a lot of F37 bugs still open [1].
> >
> > Is that an oversight or did something go wrong during the procedure? I
> > cc'ed Aoife, who appears to have run the first step. I'm happy to open
> > a ticket if required.
>

> There also used to be Rawhide bugs reassigned to latest stable Fedora, I
> might have missed something, but I don't think that has happened.

I don't think that's quite right. What happens is that Rawhide bugs get
moved to the *new branched* (not stable) release, and naturally, this
happens at branch time, which hasn't happened for F40 yet.

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/program_management/pgm_guide/sop/branch/
--
Adam Williamson (he/him/his)
Fedora QA