On Tue, Jan 16, 2024 at 5:43 AM Florian Weimer <fwei...@redhat.com> wrote:

> We still don't have approval for the toolchain updates that we need for
> the mass rebuild (notably Changes/GNUToolchainF40).
>
> How do we resolve this?  Do we delay the mass rebuild until we have
> FESCo approval?  We can delay the GNU TLS descriptor change for x86-64
> to Fedora 41, but doing that for the glibc 2.39 and GCC 14 updates would
> be awkward (and substantial extra work for glibc).

Aoife, can you please file a ticket for the Change on the fesco
tracker and I'll sponsor it for fast-track. We need to get this sorted
out because the work has already started.

Florian, in the future, please file these Changes as early as you know
what you're going to be doing, because that maximizes the lead time.
This is happening because the time window wound up overlapping because
of when it was processed and published for discussion. Ordinarily, I
think the ticket would be filed with FESCo today or tomorrow, but
obviously it needs to be done now so we can get things in order.