kevin wrote:
> The mass rebuild is only doing a bump/rebuild. There's no reason it
> should ever cause something that be caught by the hook, and if it did,
> it would be better for it to do the commit anyhow and cause a failed
> build. IMHO.

If, hypothetically, a defect in the mass-rebuild script would corrupt
thousands of spec files, how easy would it be to write a mass-revert
script to repair the damage? The mass-revert script shouldn't just
revert the latest commit in every package, because the corruption might
not have happened in every package, and some might have been reverted
manually in the meantime. The mass-revert script would need to verify
that it reverts only commits done by the defective mass-rebuild script.

If that's nontrivial to get right, then it seems to me that there is
value in a hook that validates changes made by a script.

Björn Persson