On 2024-01-18 12:28, Michael Catanzaro wrote:

Unfortunately this is causing gating tests to fail for rawhide builds, e.g.:

https://artifacts.dev.testing-farm.io/081ad2a3-76cd-4aa0-b95e-e870ff75a65c/

Hardened: /usr/bin/pkcon: FAIL: cf-protection test because .note.gnu.property section did not contain the necessary flags

I'm not sure whether to report a bug to rpminspect or to annocheck. One or the other needs to stop testing for this.

The timing is unfortunate because the mass rebuild has started today. I'm not sure what the impact will be. I guess packages will build, but get stuck in gating?

rpminspect does not gate by default. None of the tests run by Fedora CI (any test whose name as shown in Bodhi begins with 'fedora-ci') gates by default, in fact.

Only packages which opt in to gating on these tests via their per-package gating.yaml files should be gated by failures of Fedora CI tests.

The only tests that gate packages *without* a per-package gating.yaml are the openQA tests that gate critpath packages (the names for these always start with 'update.').

In Bodhi's 'automated test results' table, gating tests have an asterisk as the first item in their row. Non-gating tests do not.
--
Adam Williamson (he/him/his)
Fedora QA