On Mon, Jan 22, 2024 at 2:11 PM Miro Hrončok <mhron...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 22. 01. 24 20:04, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

> >> Every time somebody asks this, I say: Pull Requests CI
> >>
> >> I opened https://pagure.io/fedora-ci/general/issue/240 almost 3 years ago.
> >>
> >> It works in CentOS Stream, but not in Fedora.
> >>
> >> Without that, I sometimes need to create a buildroot override to be able to
> >> test the the second package change before merging it.
> >>

> > This sounds a lot more like a workaround than a use-case, but it's
> > good to know about. So thank you.
>
> Yes, it is.
>
> > Unfortunately, I feel like that workaround is dangerous, since it is
> > putting untested code into the buildroot.
>
> In this case the PR-based CI has already passed for the build I add as a
> buidlroot override.
>
> > I would like to see that get
> > fixed properly with support for the side tags.
>
> I would like that very much. However, it seems it has not been a priority.
>
> > In the meantime, if we
> > otherwise disabled free-access buildroot overrides, this would
> > definitely be grounds for granting an exception.
>
> How would that work? Would I ask FESCo every time I need to do it?

If it's something that a specific packager has justifiable cause to do
on a regular basis, I think we could potentially grant them that
privilege (at least until we get a proper solution in place). Or do
you think this is the sort of thing where the number of people needing
this access would be prohibitively high?