Naheem Zaffar wrote:
> Wouldn't it be better to create a new totally different named SIG?
>
> Since bug reporting and crossover of people assuming it is official fedora
> plasma are the concerns, a totally independent named SIG and an
> independently named desktop should be considered serious options as that
> way the extra work can be avoided for the current KDE SIG.
>
> That way you can even have a desktop with a different name so people will
> not think to file bug reports with plasma etc., avoiding problems with
> overloading the SIG with work.

What I am packaging is still called KDE Plasma upstream, so calling it
something completely different would be really confusing to the users and
also fail to attribute upstream KDE Plasma for their work. (Keep in mind
that upstream KDE is NOT dropping X11 support from Plasma/KWin.)

Also, as explained here:
https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/3165#comment-894020
I do not think making the packages completely independent of the Plasma
packages (as calling it something completely different would likely imply)
would be a good idea from a technical standpoint.

If we want us Plasma on X11 maintainers to become a formal SIG, it will have
to be named something like "KDE X11 SIG" or "Plasma X11 SIG" or some
combination thereof.

        Kevin Kofler