Am 15.02.24 um 23:09 schrieb Kevin Kofler via devel:
They should instead learn some basic concepts of security.
It's about trust in integrity of system encapsulated in something else which is disrupted.

From host to guest:  you need to trust the guest not to ... spam, scan, hack aso. From guest to host:  you need to trust the host not to spy on you, your data, connection targets aso.

"not per se bad faith" kernel mechanics that can do that, do not help with trust. That's what the original author wanted to express, and here i agree.

My work would also suffer, if i could not just trace a process when i need to. On the other hand, I can imagine that hardening the system against "espionage" can only help to gain that trust into computing and turn the lifes of some bad actors worse.

Having talked about it, is a good start.
conveniently read if they ever manage to compromise your computer. That
contraption is one of the first things I disable on my computers!

Agreed, for a more profane reason: it trashes the logfiles for 99.9+% of the time ;)

best regards,
Marius Schwarz