On 27/05/2024 02:22, Byoungchan Lee via devel wrote:
In well-maintained Fedora packages, the use of the FetchContent module is
generally discouraged because dependencies are already available in the Fedora
repositories.

FetchContent never worked on Fedora because the builders have no network access. The maintainers have to patch it out.

Check this for example: https://github.com/eliaskosunen/scnlib/pull/112

While it's uncertain if build workers in Fedora have internet access, to
improve security, I believe it is recommended to entirely disallow the use of
the FetchContent module. To achieve this, I propose adding a flag in the
cmake-rpm-macros to disable the FetchContent module.

Tried it several times, but it doesn't work reliably and in very rare cases. The library name in FetchContent() must match the name in find_package(), which almost never happens in real projects.

It will instantly fail but with another error.

--
Sincerely,
  Vitaly Zaitsev (vit...@easycoding.org)