I think it is time to get this discussed (and hopefully approved) in the
meeting.  Valkey is the clear leader in my opinion, seems to be gaining the
most traction, and is well on the way to making improvements with their
first major release of 8.0 due later this year.

Their team has been heavily involved in packaging discussions and this
change proposal.  They've been in FESCo meetings the past several weeks for
the conversation on the change proposal.

The only other viable drop-in replacement, Redict, has been pretty stagnant
- though that's their stated goal.

I'm on vacation this week but I'm going to try my best to make the FESCo
meeting later today (if plane wifi cooperates) as the change proposal owner.

--
Jonathan Wright
AlmaLinux Foundation