Hot news:

 I sent lots of announces about automatic migrations. Miro Hrončok raised a question. Feel free to join the discussion. Either here on legal ML.

 Scancode-toolkit (very powerfull license scanner) and all its dependencies passed all Package Reviews and is heading to rawhide. Thank you eclipseo for your work!

 I created very naive scanner - utilizing scancode-toolkit - that compares current Fedora tarball with new tarball and shows you new or removed licenses. You can run it as 'scan.sh  PACKAGE NEW_TARBALL'. https://github.com/xsuchy/fedora-license-scan

Two weeks ago we had:

* 24102spec files in Fedora

* 30778license tags in all spec files

* 10461 tags have not been converted to SPDX yet

* 4600 tags can be trivially converted using `license-fedora2spdx`

* Progress: 66,01% ░░░░░░████ 100%

ELN subset:

88 out of 2347 packages are not converted yet (progress 96.25%)

Today we have:

* 24113spec files in Fedora

* 30804license tags in all spec files

* 10348 tags have not been converted to SPDX yet

* 4503 tags can be trivially converted using `license-fedora2spdx`

* Progress: 66,41% ░░░░░░████ 100%

ELN subset:

101 out of 2397 packages are not converted yet (progress 95.79%)

Graph of these data with the burndown chart:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QVMEzXWML-6_Mrlln02axFAaRKCQ8zE807rpCjus-8s/edit?usp=sharing

The list of packages needed to be converted is here:

https://pagure.io/copr/license-validate/blob/main/f/packages-without-spdx-final.txt

List by package maintainers is here

https://pagure.io/copr/license-validate/blob/main/f/packages-without-spdx-final-maintainers.txt

List of packages from ELN subset that needs to be converted:

https://pagure.io/copr/license-validate/blob/main/f/eln-not-migrated.txt

New version of fedora-license-data has been released. With:
    1 new license .
    3 licenses are waiting to be review by SPDX.org (and then to be added to fedora-license-data) https://gitlab.com/fedora/legal/fedora-license-data/-/issues/?label_name%5B%5D=SPDX%3A%3Ablocked

Legal docs and especially

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/legal/allowed-licenses/

was updated too.

License analysis of remaining packages:
http://miroslav.suchy.cz/fedora/spdx-reports/

New projection when we will be finished is 2025-06-17 (+12 days from last
report).  Pure linear approximation.

If your package does not have neither git-log entry nor spec-changelog entry mentioning SPDX and you know your license tag matches SPDX formula, you can put your package on ignore list

https://pagure.io/copr/license-validate/blob/main/f/ignore-packages.txt

Either pull-request or direct email to me is fine.

Why Manchester Baby edition? Manchester Baby was design of Manchester Mark computer (do not confuse it with Harvard Mark with first bug [1])). Manchester Baby was designed as general computer with program run from random access memory. The first program run from memory was exeucted on 21. June 2024

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_Baby

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard_Mark_II#Overview

Miroslav