On Mon, Jun 24, 2024 at 1:30 PM Daniel P. Berrangé <berra...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 24, 2024 at 05:11:07PM +0000, Mattia Verga via devel wrote:

It's required if you are using 2FA because it handles the fact that
you need to do TWO kinit actions, one to set up the anonymous
pre-authentication channel and another to actually send the
credentials. I wrote fkinit to abstract those details for Fedora users
since it's subtle and easy to get wrong. Also, it doesn't use the FILE
credential cache for the final credentials, it uses whatever your
system default is. It only uses FILE: to set up the preauthentication
channel.