On Tue, Jul 2, 2024 at 3:27 AM Vitaly Zaitsev via devel
<devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On 01/07/2024 21:47, Aoife Moloney wrote:
> > As a result of this feedback, we have changed the proposal: we now
> > propose that initial setup will show an explicit yes/no prompt which
> > has no default value.
>
> What about existing systems?

As it is, it will remain off by default. There is currently no way to
trigger a prompt to activate it on existing systems. There will be a
toggle in GNOME Settings (gnome-control-center) for turning it on if
you so desire.

> > Which metrics will be collected
> > Country where device is physically located (this will need discussion)
>
> This definitely MUST be removed from telemetry.

Why? It can be useful for determining where to boost investment in
l10n and i18n efforts.