On 7/12/24 11:53 AM, Aoife Moloney wrote:
Supported drivers are simpledrm, mgag200, ast, (and imx, tidss, on
aarch64). I'm working on nouveau support, and I hope i915 and amdgpu
will add support too.
If the driver is not supported, you won't see the panic screen, but it
won't be worse than what you have today.

How is that true.  You're unconditionally removing VT_CONSOLE, which is
a definite loss in functionality.

(Some of us actually use consoles on multiple VTs, even if we're not
kernel developers.)

Write documentation on how-to debug boot issues without VT_CONSOLE.
Maybe also change the systemd log configuration, so that it default to
writing the log to the console.

It seems to me that this documentation should exist, so that the real
impact of this change can be evaluated, before the change is accepted.