On Mon, Jul 15, 2024 at 05:07:57PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2024 at 08:23:05AM GMT, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
>
> > So… the question now: should I pull the plug on the change for F41,
> > dump the side tag, and try again for F42? Or wait for some of the patches
> > above to be merged? The mass rebuild is supposed to start in two days…
>
> How hard would it be to move back to the old state?
> Does that mean a bunch of reverts and rebuilds? or ?

Assuming there was nothing impactful outside of the mentioned side tag,
then no rebuilds should be required, just abandon the tag, and do
dist-git reverts.

> It sounds to me like there's still a lot of outstanding questions, so I
> would say moving it to f42 (and trying to land it after branching in
> rawhide) would be best, but that depends somewhat on how hard the revert
> is... if it's hard it might be better to power on through?

Agree it sounds like the wise thing to do is to postpone to F42, to give
further time to fully explore the implications. If done right at the
start of the F42 dev cycle, there'll be a greater window for finding
and resolving any fallout before the F42 beta freeze point.

With regards,
Daniel