V Tue, Jul 16, 2024 at 01:46:53PM +0200, Mark E. Fuller via devel napsal(a):
> pytest is a red herring - it doesn't cause issues with python312. My build
> with python 3.12 fails because the scons build detects python version 3.6,
> not 3.12.  Getting the detected version to >3.6 is my real problem, and it
> seems independent of updating the BuildRequires values.

Well, scons is also written in Python and built for a specific Pyhon. See "rpm
-q -l python3-scons". I don't know scons, but according to the manual
"the SConstruct file is actually a Python script". I wouldn't wonder if scons
simply enforced the same Python which interprets scons onto the application
being built.

Maybe you will also need to build scons for Python 3.12 so that
/usr/bin/python312 /usr/bin/scons actually works.

-- Petr