Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> I wonder why you recommend solutions you can't even get used to.  In
> terms of usability,  it is not clear to me kickoff is doing a better job
> at all.  It is a rather convoluted way of organizing menu items and I
> had to switch it off and use the classic menu instead.  I have used both
> and I found the GNOME 3 menu interface more familiar and less radical in
> fact.

Well, I can't get used to GNOME 3 either. (I even tried it once a couple
weeks ago just for fun, I found their menu replacement completely bizarre.)
Thankfully, I don't have to, I'm a KDE user anyway…

Many people are happy with Kickoff. As to me personally, I'm pretty sure I
won't get used to ANYTHING other than a good old classic menu, no matter how
badly it fails in usability studies. Thankfully, KDE Plasma offers that to
me as an option.

        Kevin Kofler