On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Fulko Hew <fulko....@gmail.com> wrote:
> From what I understand, I will now have to provide some systemd
> application that is coded in C?
> If that is the case, I now have to create an RPM per-architecture
> and loose my architecture independence.

I do not believe you can have to incorporate any C code, even if you
want to use the optional socket activation.  There is a reference
function written in C for socket activation but its not strictly
required. It can be reimplemented natively in any interpreted
programming language if needed.

Salient references for the socket activation feature:
Notes section here:
http://0pointer.de/public/systemd-man/sd_listen_fds.html
Short discussion on what it would take to re-implement in python native:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2010-November/000722.html

-jef