On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 04:40:00PM -0300, Horst H. von Brand wrote:
> I'm running Fedora 15 on x86_64, up to date, with JNovy's TeXlive (but that
> one doesn't seem to be at fault).
>
> Printing PDFs created by pdflatex (even oldish ones) on a HP LaserJet
> m1522nf MFP over the 'net gives me pages that start on flush top, any top
> margin setting via the geometry package has no visible efect. A very old
> PDF generated by OOo 1.1.0 in 2004 shows a similar lack of top margin when
> printed (an inch or so loped off the top). evince or xpdf show the PDF
> files with normal top margins.

  Oh wow, and I thought my old printer started to load paper incorrectly.
I see the same symptom with HP LaserJet 6L.  Printer is net shared from
F15.  Documents are printed from F16 (PDFs from Evince) and Ubuntu 11.04
(documents from LibreOffice).  Top margin is missing.

--
Tomasz Torcz                Only gods can safely risk perfection,
xmpp: zdzich...@chrome.pl     it's a dangerous thing for a man.  -- Alia