On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 7:46 PM, Adam Williamson <awill...@redhat.com> wrote:
> I'm currently going through and bumping several packages whose Rawhide
> builds have got behind their F16 builds.
>
> I've come across several packages where git merge hit 'conflicts' for no
> readily apparently reason in this case.

I ran into the same problem when 'git merge master' worked in the
past. In retrospect I realize it was due to Spot updating my packages
for FTBFS when he didn't realize I already had builds in the works.

Right or wrong I ended up doing a 'git diff HEAD..master > patch' (or
was it master..HEAD) and then applying the patch. I'm not sure if
there's any future gotcha's with that method but it worked quite well.

Put me in the camp with all the other people that don't really
understand how git works. All I ask is that once this
conversation/debate ends, that the best practices make it to the
proper wiki pages.

Thanks,
Richard