Hi,

Fedora ships the open source "vpnc" client which supports the Cisco VPN
environment. I'm using it daily and it works for me without any problems.

There is also a proprietary client from Cisco:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/index.html .

On 11/14/2011 06:34 PM, Tomasz Torcz wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 09:08:05PM +0400, Lucas wrote:
>> I am talking about ipsec over TCP.

>> Everything can do ipsec over UDP, but none over TCP. But on my job for the
>> security reason UDP is
>> blocked, cisco vpn can do ipsec over tcp.
>
>   It seems you have your layering wrong. IPSec operates on IP protocol, below
> UDP and TCP.  Only
> IKE, the key exchange, protocol works on UDP. Maybe you thought about
> different technology?
> For VPN, OpenVPN provided in Fedora support TCP transport.

To clarify the misunderstanding: Cisco's VPN concentrator provides the
feature "IPSec over TCP".

Unfortunately, vpnc does not support it:

man 8 vpnc:
[...]
 --natt-mode <natt/none/force-natt/cisco-udp>
        Which NAT-Traversal Method to use:
        ·      natt -- NAT-T as defined in RFC3947
        ·      none -- disable use of any NAT-T method
        ·      force-natt -- always use NAT-T encapsulation even without
               presence  of  a NAT device (useful if the OS captures all
               ESP traffic)
        ·      cisco-udp -- Cisco proprietary  UDP  encapsulation,  com‐
               monly over Port 10000
        Note: cisco-tcp encapsulation is not yet supported
        Default: natt
 conf-variable: NAT Traversal Mode <natt/none/force-natt/cisco-udp>
[...]

So it looks like that for your use case (connecting to a Cisco VPN using
IPSec over TCP) you have to use Cisco's proprietary client.

Best regards,
Christian