Am 26.01.2012 08:06, schrieb Aleksandar Kurtakov:
> [...]

the package manager and clean update transitions are so much
imprtant that breaking them is no option as long anybody
works on changes wants to say he does things right

> Looking at the feature page though is making me think that this is
> really incremental approach. Move everything in usr this release and benefit
> from it in
> consequent releases(F-18) (snapshoting and etc.). If a more conservative
> approach is
> taken we will have e.g. everything moved to /usr in F-17, symlinks from bin
> removed in F-18,
> bin|sbin|lib made symlinks in F-19 and etc. If we move that slow by the time
> we have a feature
> it will so badly outdated that it might be irrelevant or already a commodity
> so noone is considering
> Fedora as a contender. Note that I speak overall not just in the Linux/Unix
> world.

in other words:

"better making things fast to be first and early instead make them right"

yes, this is exactly what happens the last years and makes me so
angry because it results in NEVER have software working right
because you have always some thing broken with the legitimation
"but after that always will better" and sadly if this may be true
for one piece the next goes down

this way you will never ever in this life get things working fine
at all and this should be the target and not making changes and
development for its own

the only result you have is the bad taste in the mouth
"the question is not if anything is broken, the question is how
many things are broken at the same time and hopefully most of
them does not hurt too bad"