On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Brendan Conoboy <b...@redhat.com> wrote:
> This is feedback vs the current version of the following web page:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Secondary_Architecture_Promotion_Requirements_%28Draft%29

> FESCo and affected groups should have the ability to review whether or not
> the SA has in-fact fulfilled the requirements for PA, as agreed to by all
> parties at the time of application.  If those requirements are deemed to
> have been met, promotion is automatic.

I think a lot of the above boils down to providing goals for the SA
team while leaving discretion in FESCO's hands.  And in that light, I
think once requirements are met, promotion should be approved, but
certainly not automatic.

> There could be a deadline on application acceptance: EG, 12 months from
> acceptance of application to fulfillment of criteria.  This protects against
> criteria becoming stale.

I like this idea, modulo the exact time value.  If you apply and are
approved for F18, and aren't ready until F25, I think all would agree
that reassessment is sorely needed.

-J

> --
> Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / b...@redhat.com