/tmp is a like a litter box. From a user perspective, I'm happy to have it
emptied regularly, because clearly the cats don't clean up their own doodles.
That one of the cats might think he's deposited something valuable that he'll
come back for someday, is hilarious to me, as well as ridiculous.

My only concern about it being on tmpfs instead of on disk, is how big it could
get, how much memory could be held hostage, until there's a reboot. I'd rather
see it be both size and age limited (each item has a decay rate or something),
so that it's evacuated more regularly than just between reboots - which could
be months.

Chris Murphy