On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Peter Jones <pjo...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 04/03/2012 10:16 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:

>>> No.  The additional hub is only needed while an arch is secondary.
>>> Once it is PA it is driven from the single koji hub.
>>
>> That's my understanding but the bullet reads as if there's going to be
>> a Fedora maintained hub for the secondary arches. At the moment the
>> hubs for the secondary arches are maintained by the secondary arches.
>> So the point needs to be clarified.
>
> I think there are probably 3 steps here, but obviously I don't speak for
> rel-eng, so I'd like to hear what they have to say.  I could be wrong about
> any of this due to insufficient knowledge of how koji is set up.
>
> 1) SA has its own koji hub and builders
> 2) rel-eng has a "staging" koji hub for arches under transition, which is
> really just a temporary thing where we're setting up builders to work with
> step 3
> 3) when we decide that it *is* a PA, transition builders from step #2 to
> the primary koji hub.

From a koji perspective, there really isn't much benefit to step 2.
What needs to happen is the RPMs from the secondary hub need to be
copied to the primary in the correct NVR directories in the hub's
storage.  That can happen in the background for quite a bit, but at
some point the hub would need to be taken offline to sync up the last
few builds, and then switch the builders over.

Having a staging hub just means you have to copy and move the builders
twice.  This is mostly due to how koji builders can only talk to one
hub at a time and one hub only.

josh