On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 08:29:59PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 04/23/2012 07:45 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> >We shouldn't be promoting anything to primary arch that you can't install.
>
> Valid point but it still does not explain why FESCo chose to limit
> that exclusively to Anaconda and the "Installer team" and their
> installation methods or lack there of.

ARM is moving into the server and laptop space. There's an expectation
that devices of that nature can be installed using Anaconda. If a port
is only supporting embedded devices where Anaconda makes no sense then
that's fine, but if it's supporting other hardware classes then it needs
to have a working Anaconda. I've no idea why this is controversial.

--
Matthew Garrett | mj...@srcf.ucam.org