On 05/03/2012 08:50 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 8:26 AM, Paul Howarth<p...@city-fan.org>  wrote:
On 05/01/2012 07:30 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

the fedora 17 schedule
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/17/Schedule lists the final
change freeze as 2012-05-07 this means that you need to make sure that
any changes you want in Fedora 17 final must be submited for stable in
Bodhi before 2012-05-07 there will be a small window on monday where
you can get your build in still but it is not assured. after this time
only blocker bugs will be accepted to be pushed for stable.  please
work on testing and ensuring anything you want in final has the
appropriate karma. If you have questions please drop by #fedora-releng
on freenode

I have a critical path update that has been in testing since 18th April:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2012-6165/perl-IO-Socket-SSL-1.66-1.fc17

It's now over two weeks in testing (no feedback, either positive or
negative) but I still can't push it to stable - why not?

Because it's a critical path package and they need at least 2+ karma.
I've added one, you'll need to find another.

I don't believe that's the case any more:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_update_acceptance_criteria#Updates_to_.27critical_path.27_packages

  "Updates that constitute a part of the 'critical path' package set
   (defined below) including security updates must follow the rules as
   defined for critical path packages for pending releases, meaning:

  * At the time of the request to stable, the update needs to have
    either a Bodhi karma sum of 2 OR
  * It must spend at least 14 days in updates-testing AND have no
    negative Bodhi karma points."

My update meets the second of these criteria, so I should be able to push it to stable, shouldn't I?

Paul.