Dne 22.5.2012 13:52, Ralf Corsepius napsal(a):
On 05/22/2012 01:42 PM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
Dne 22.5.2012 13:22, Stanislav Ochotnicky napsal(a):

I never
use clog for creating changelog in spec so I don't know how it's
supposed to work. I assume it stopped working right after cvs->fedpkg
transition.

Neither did I and I don't think it is even possible ;)
Why? To me this only is a matter of how fedpkg formats extracted %changelog blocks. Nothing prevents it from applying a different formating.

I should better say "even possible ATM".

Guidelines say nothing about SCM log, just about spec
%changelog format

Yes, they says nothing about scm log, but "fedpkg clog" had some
assumptions, e.g. several lines, each starting with dash. There is no
relation between those lines. While in SCM log, you expect something
like "brief description on first line" and "more elaborated description
on others".
I don't see how an rpm's %changelog block would not fit into this.
Git commits log basically are free form texts + git header.

Ralf

If guidelines says that changelog is transformed into git commit message in some particular way, e.g. in a way that first line has some special meaning, then I am fine with that. But in current state, implying anything more is wrong.

Vit