On Tue, 29 May 2012 16:42:30 -0400
Neal Becker <ndbeck...@gmail.com> wrote:

...snip...

> 1) Could I have actually recovered from this mess without a complete
> re-install?

Sure. Confirm the correct repos were enabled, 'yum distro-sync' and
work through any dep issues that show up.

> 2) Can't we make the install fail more gracefully?

Well, I suppose in this case it would take rpm handling dir/link/file
issues a bit better. Or perhaps we could run a 'rpm -Va' before running
preupgrade and yell about issues like this?

> 3) Would it be possible to continue an failed install, and have it
> actually work?

After a reboot I wouldn't think so... especially if something changed
on disk since the transaction failed.

kevin