[snip]

>> What I'd do (I will do if you prefer) is to propose the feature at:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/18/FeatureList
>> That will both provide a todo list and allow voting on acceptance.
>>

> That sounds reasonable, +1 for me here! :)

This thread was to get the whole problem before proposing this feature.
If you want to lead that Pádraig, no probs for me.
Else I'll take it and sort this out with you guys.

[snip]

>> There is still further issues to consider locally.
>> screen and vim settings would need to be tweaked also as per:
>> http://www.robmeerman.co.uk/unix/256colours
>
> Vim would work just not with all the colors. We could set an environment
> configuration enabling 256 colors by default as well, couldn't we?

vim works out of the box with xterm in 256 colors at least.

> As for screen... I don't even remember how to set it, I would need to do some
> research  on it

For screen, I am using `term "screen-256color" '
But again, it depends on the TERM used.

--
Kévin Raymond
(shaiton)